Moodle Association of Japan Discussion Forum

Moodle HQ is moving to Japan

Moodle HQ is moving to Japan

by Don HINKELMAN -
Number of replies: 7

Well, actually a part of Moodle HQ is moving to Kyoto this week. smile

I would like to introduce Mr. Jetha Chan, a brilliant young Australian programmer who has been working at HQ for some time. I met him in Melbourne this week and on Thursday he flew up to Japan to live and set up home here. 

He is very popular with all the HQ staff and he will continue working full-time at HQ remotely, in order to pursue study of Japanese.  He already has passed the first level examination of the Japanese Language Ability Exam, and he aims to get a Business Japanese license too. 

He is eloquent speaker, so I invited him to present in Japanese at the next MoodleMoot Japan.  He glady accepted. Jetha has already helped make a new programming feature that that Takayuki Ishikawa proposed: Furigana names. It is now submitted for peer review. See this screenshot:

If you like this feature, please vote for it by going to the Moodle Tracker at this link, MDL-49172. Now it only has 4 votes (including mine)

Tom and all the Kansai Moodle friends, please contact Jetha and give him a warm welcome to Japan.  I really like this guy and I think he is going to be a big help to us all.  Contact him at: jetha@moodle.com

In reply to Don HINKELMAN

Re: Moodle HQ is moving to Japan

by Hideto HARASHIMA -

Welcome to Japan, Jetha!

In reply to Hideto HARASHIMA

by Jetha CHAN -

Thanks, Harashima-san! It's been a pretty intense few days so far since coming to Kyoto - I had forgotten how hot it can get here - but it's also been great. I've used more Japanese in the last few days than I have in the last few months, it feels like. smile

Now, if I could only get the hang of typing on JIS keyboards...

In reply to Jetha CHAN

by Hiroshi UEDA -

Welcome to Kyoto, Jetha!

Do you mean you live in Kyoto for a while?

In reply to Hiroshi UEDA

by Jetha CHAN -

Thank you, Ueda-san! Yes I'll be living in Kyoto for a while, at least for a few months - I'm currently staying in a place just past Kawaramachi / Marutamachi, and it's been pretty great so far.

In reply to Jetha CHAN

by Hiroshi UEDA -

Great! Enjoy Kyoto life! I'd like to see you offline while your stay. Later i will send you DM.

In reply to Jetha CHAN

by Shawn R. WHITE -

JIS keyboards. I hear you. 

Apostrophe ... Shift 7, ... where did that darn @ mark go?  ... 

LOL

Welcome to Japan. 

Shawn (Kansai Moodle group at Kinki University)