Moodle Association of Japan Discussion Forum

Thank you for a wonderful MoodleMoot 2016!!!

Picture of Matthew COTTER
Thank you for a wonderful MoodleMoot 2016!!!
by Matthew COTTER - Wednesday, 2 March 2016, 5:56 AM

Dear organizers, staff and presenters,

I would just like to express my thanks and congratulations to you all on yet again a wonderful MoodleMoot last month.  The Moot was my second, and like last year it was run amazingly well with a high caliber of presentations, keynotes and workshops.  The Moot is my favourite conference of the year...it beats JALT hands down,  and here are a few reasons why :

1. Everyone, and I mean everyone, are so down to earth and so willing to help others.  There are no 'big heads' walking around and thinking they are the be-all-and-end-all of Moodle and education in general.

2. The variety of presentations and the things that you can see and learn is outstanding. From keynotes, to presentations, to lightening rounds, to the genius bar....there is something for everyone...even the less computer savvy like me!

3. You don't have to speak computer language.  Although there are people with amazing computing and programming skills that have done some wonderful things...they dumb it all down for people like me so we just need to learn how to use it. I confess I will never be great with computers....but I do want to be able to use some of the new things that teachers have made if I see them as either educational and motivational for my students or time saving for myself or/and students. All presentations I saw and the help I got was all about the simple act of 'teachers helping teachers.'

So thank you again for all of your hard work, I take my hat off to you all as the Moot was well worth it for people like me and I heard similar comments both at the Moot and after on social media and with in Hokkaido teaching circles.

I am already looking forward to MoodleMoot 2017 so keep up the good work, and 'keep Moodling!'

Matt Cotter

Sapporo Gakuin University (Hokusei Gakuen University from next month)

Picture of Jennifer CLARO
Re: Thank you for a wonderful MoodleMoot 2016!!!
by Jennifer CLARO - Thursday, 3 March 2016, 5:10 AM

Right on Matt!

Thanks for summing up all the great things about the Moot. Me too, I had a great time, saw some great presentations, and felt once again the pleasure of attending a small but very friendly conference.

Thanks to everyone who worked so hard to make it a success.

Best wishes,

Jennifer

Picture of Hideto HARASHIMA
Re: Thank you for a wonderful MoodleMoot 2016!!!
by Hideto HARASHIMA - Tuesday, 5 April 2016, 5:03 PM

Thank you very much for the nice comments, Matt and Jennifer, about the MoodleMoot Japan 2016. Me, on behalf of all the dedicated organizers, would like to say a big Thank You to all the participants. Your having enjoyed the moot is our best reward.

I've just come back from MoodleMoot Ie-UK. The London Moot was great in many aspects. However, it made me realize a lot of wonderful things about MoodleMoot Japan which are unique to us. Our moot is not run by the HQ or Partner companies; it is run by Moodle users and teachers. So it is naturally designed to help the users and teachers in most practical ways. The hands-on workshops let the participants directly experience the joy of manipulating programs. Most of our presentations and workshops offer us many practical ideas to take way and apply to our classroom teaching. Others are research-based and thoughts provoking. Genius Bar is truly helpful to those who have technical problems. All these are possible with presenters and workshop leaders who dedicate themselves to help others acquire new knowledge and skills. We are truly practicing the idea of Social Constructivism in our moot. I take my hat off to all the people who participated in this moot and helped it make a great success.

Thank you all,

Hideto Harashima