Sightseeing Recommendations

Sightseeing Recommendations

- 削除済みユーザ の投稿
返信数: 6

Hello,

Tomorrow I'll arrive in Japan, and while I should spend some time preparing for my presentations, I do have some time in Tokyo before and after the Moot.

As a visitor to Japan, I was hoping for some recommendations for sightseeing while I'm there, either in Tokyo or in Utsunomiya/Tochigi. Is there anything that I would be a fool to miss? I do hope to get to the Tokyo Skytree tomorrow before making my way to Utsunomiya.

I'm looking forward to catching up with old friends and meeting new friends.

Best regards,

Scott

削除済みユーザ への返信

Re: Sightseeing Recommendations

- HERBERT John C. の投稿

May I ask which airport and what time you arrive?

Tomorrow, I arrive at Haneda Airport at 3:10pm myself, and I will meet a few Moodle Moot participants in Tokyo shortly thereafter.

But, we are not sightseeing on Thursday.

John

HERBERT John C. への返信

- 削除済みユーザ の投稿

Hello John,

I arrived this morning to Haneda on an overnight flight from Sydney. I'm in Tokyo now, and catching up with some work at a cafe while waiting for the Tokyo Skytree to open 笑顔.

Looking forward to catching up with you at the Moot.

Scott

削除済みユーザ への返信

- HASEGAWA Atsuko の投稿

Good evening, Mr. Huntley.

You are lucky because it will be sunny and warm tomorrow.

In Tokyo area, I definitely recommend that you visit Asakusa.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3004.html

Asakusa area is not far from the Tokyo Skytree.

http://www.tokyo-skytree.jp/en/access/

It’s also a good idea to take the Water Bus if you have a time.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3042.html

I hope you have a lot of fun in Tokyo.

Warm regards,

Atsuko Hasegawa

HASEGAWA Atsuko への返信

- 削除済みユーザ の投稿

Good morning, Mr.Hasegawa.

It's good to be in Japan and in Tokyo, and although I acknowledge the weather isn't too cold, I wouldn't call it warm. Not that I am complaining, it has been a very hot summer in Sydney, Australia so far. It's nice to escape the heat!

Thank you for your suggestion, I think I will visit Asakusa today.

Looking forward to seeing you at the Moot,

Scott

削除済みユーザ への返信

- HINKELMAN Don の投稿

Scott!  Welcome back. Glad you can make it.  I am not in Tokyo tomorrow, but I love and recommend the Meiji Shrine.  A majestic woods in the middle of the big city.  Guess the hundreds-year-old trees escaped the bombing. Biggest shrine in Japan I believe.  If you go there, throw a 5-yen coin into the donation box and pray for a happy, healthy, productive MoodleMoot.

HINKELMAN Don への返信

- 削除済みユーザ の投稿

Hi Don, good to hear from you.

I shall try to find this Meiji Shrine to try to bring some good fortune to the Moot. I did enjoy the tour of the temples and shrines in Kyoto two years ago, so this sounds like it might be interesting.

I'm looking forward to catching up!

Scott