Moodle Association of Japan Discussion Forum

Meetup Tuesday October 17th in Tokyo

Meetup Tuesday October 17th in Tokyo

by Christian THOMPSON -
Number of replies: 8

Hi Everyone,

If you are in Tokyo this Tuesday, October 17th, I'd like to invite you to an impromptu Moodle Meet up. We will be meeting with members of our new Moodle host, Titus Learning and talking about all things Moodle.

Time: 6:30 ~

So, if you are in Tokyo and are free, come and join us!

Best,

Christian

In reply to Christian THOMPSON

Re: Meetup Tuesday October 17th in Tokyo

by Don HINKELMAN -

Great news to hear of a Moodle Get-together next week. I wish I was in Tokyo and I would join you. And I was interested to read that Titus Learning is a certified Moodle Partner in UK and Hong Kong. That means 10% of their income goes to support the Moodle development in Perth. The more money that goes to HQ, the better Moodle becomes. So, Christian, does that mean anyone who uses Titus Learning in Japan, is also supporting Moodle development under that same system? 

And while you are meeting with them, could you mention that we would love their support of the MoodleMoot in Tokyo next February. In addition, encourage them to host Moodle with all the custom plugins that our teacher-developers are making in Japan. Be sure to tell them about our Best Innovation awards and Best Open Courseware awards. Don't be afraid to brag that you are a two-time winner. smile

In reply to Don HINKELMAN

by Gordon BATESON -

I also wish I could join in the get-together in Tokyo, but I can't be there this time.

Regarding showcasing the Best Innovations/Courseware, I have made the links to those resources a little more visible on the MAJ website. Look for the "Research and Development"section, below the two main menu blocks.

Indeed, you could consider showing the MAJ front page to Titus. It be a good opportunity for you to show them that the "Titus" name and logo could be be added to the sponsors list. 

Regards,
Gordon

Attachment MAJ.more.resources.png
In reply to Don HINKELMAN

by Christian THOMPSON -

Thanks, Don.  I have already mentioned the Moodle Moot and believe they are already in contact with Matsuki Sensei. Hope to see them there!

In reply to Christian THOMPSON

by Takayuki MATSUKI -

Hello Don and Gordon,

Actually, I will see them at our university tomorrow (Oct. 16 (Mond)) together with Japanese Moodle partners, Matsuzaki-san (e-Learning), Yamaguchi-san (Assist Micro), and Harada-san (Human Science). We are planning to exchange ideas among Moodle partners and discussing how effectively each can enter overseas markets (?).