Moodle Association of Japan Discussion Forum

H5P Wednesday Workshop

H5P Wednesday Workshop

Alexander Bodnar發表於
Number of replies: 2

This is a shout out to Brendan and Rachel for the online H5P presentation. I watched the recorded version. There are some great ideas that I'd like to incorporate next year. Thanks for sharing.

Just a couple of months ago, I noticed an H5P button in the text editor. Your presentation was based on using H5P as a plugin, it seems. I'm wondering which is more advantageous. It seems that the plugin has all the various H5P elements already built-in. Am I right?

Alex

In reply to Alexander Bodnar

Re: H5P Wednesday Workshop

RAWSON Thom發表於

In Moodle 3.8 and 3.9 H5P is going to be further incorporated. They've already done a little bit of incorporation in version 3.8 and they plan to do more in version 3.9. The plugin that you're looking at is probably what they're basing their integration on and at some point the plugin will no longer be required. However at this point the plugin has all the things you need to create an H5P activity.

If you watch the keynote address with Sander Bangma from Moodle headquarters, he talks about the H5P integration so see if you can look that one up in the list of presentations stored on the MAJ website. 

In reply to Alexander Bodnar

Re: H5P Wednesday Workshop

BRIGHT Rob發表於
Yes, but the advantage is that you get access to whole suite of features. If you use the official H5P site, it's limited in scope due to file sizes. If you use the plugin, the file size is limited by the server that you're hosting Moodle on. I've upped the php.ini file to 500mb, which allows us to produce longer videos and content too.