Moodle Association of Japan Discussion Forum

Teaching in a Digital Age Book - デジタル時代の教育

Teaching in a Digital Age Book - デジタル時代の教育

by Doug STRABLE -
Number of replies: 4

I am pleased to announce the Japanese translation of the book, Teaching in a Digital Age by Tony Bates, is complete and can be downloaded or read online from this link 

デジタル時代の教育 has been diligently translated by 10 professors and edited by Prof. Kamiya in Osaka.  The team shares the desire to provide more information in Japanese about the approaches needed when moving from face-to-face teaching to teaching online.  I hope you will find the discussions in this Open textbook valuable.  The project was an excellent learning experience for us. 

The English version is available here. 

In reply to Doug STRABLE

Re: Teaching in a Digital Age Book - デジタル時代の教育

by Jennifer CLARO -

Thanks so much for this Doug! What a very timely translation. I will send it to teachers at my uni, almost all of whom have never taught online before. We all go online next month.

お疲れ様です。This must have taken a great deal of time and effort from everyone involved. Bravo!

Best wishes,

Jennifer

In reply to Jennifer CLARO

by Doug STRABLE -
Wonderful! Indeed, the advice in the book is for teachers new to teaching online. There are some tweaks needed in the teaching philosophy and course design - most importantly in creating a community - i.e. communication.

Yes, we did do a very careful translation to make sure the concepts are properly understood. There are some very dedicated people in this industry and in the Moodle community.
In reply to Doug STRABLE

by Hideto HARASHIMA -

Thank you, Doug for sharing this with us. This is great work. I've noticed there are a number of (ex) directors of MAJ involved in this translation work. Kudos to all who dedicated time and effort to this masterpiece!

ダグさん、共有してくれてありがとうございます。これは素晴らしい仕事です。この翻訳作業には、MAJの(元)ディレクターが何人も関わっていることに気がつきました。この傑作に時間と労力を捧げたすべての人に感謝します。

In reply to Hideto HARASHIMA

by Doug STRABLE -

Hello 

Thank you for taking a look! Masterpiece is an excellent word! I do feel the same since it was a collaboration of many like-minded people. The inspiration for the project did come from the people  I met through MAJ and the Moots. 

Tony Bates outlines the concepts in an easy to read format and we've tried to keep this style in the Japanese translation as well. You can jump through the chapters and read whatever is of interest to you.