Moodle Association of Japan Discussion Forum

Iwate Moodle Showcase December 1st 2012

Iwate Moodle Showcase December 1st 2012

by Mark DEBOER -
Number of replies: 7

Hello everyone,

We are holding a showcase at Iwate University on December 1st 2012 (see attached flyer).

Peter has suggested I post to this site to spread the word. Thank you very much Peter.

As you know, we have been using Moodle as our university wide platform and have developed an extensive curriculum platform to provide English content curriculum to all faculties within the university.

We are holding a showcase on December 1st to show what we have done, explain the process of the project and also do a little hands on workshop. Kuniaki Sato from the MEXT will be delivering the keynote presentation.

How we have been using Moodle and how the entire system has been set up will be presented. We have done some interesting things in Moodle, especially with curriculum and course development so this will be a very informative day for those who wish to implement Moodle, use Moodle and also develop courses within Moodle.

The showcase is one day only, the presentations and keynote will be in Japanese only, but there will be enough English speaking attendees and presenters so any questions or clarifications that need to be made can also be handled in English.

If you have any questions, please contact me. I look forward to hearing from you. I hope to see many of you at the showcase!

Cheers,

Mark

In reply to Mark DEBOER

Re: Iwate Moodle Showcase December 1st 2012

by David CAMPBELL -

Mark,

Thanks for the information. It sounds interesting and something I might like to attend. Do you have the similar information in Japanese that I can pass on to some people in our adminstration? Hopefully, they will be willing to put up the funds, so I don't need to use my kenkyuhi.

In reply to David CAMPBELL

by Gordon BATESON -
Hi Mark, I am also interested in attending. I would like to add my voice to requests for conference info in Japanese. Perhaps there is a web page already up somewhere that would suffice? best regards
In reply to Mark DEBOER

by Mark DEBOER -

Hello everyone,

Here is the original Japanese form. Thank you for your requests. I really hope you can come up. It will be a fantastic day.

Cheers!

Mark

In reply to Mark DEBOER

by Hideto HARASHIMA -

Hi Mark,

Good news from Iwate, and thanks for the Japanese flyer. By looking at the flyer I got an impression that this is more like a workshop on ICT in Education in general.  I'd advise you grab someone from your school and ask him/her to write up a blurb in Japanese that hopefully explains how Moodle is featured in this workshop, then post it to this forum.

If you would like the announcement/blurb to appear in our next newsletter (Fall issue), you can contact the editor Ms. Mari Yamauchi at <yamauchi.mari@gmail.com>. She wants to gather up all the articles by the end of this week, but I guess she can wait a litte longer.

Cheers,

In reply to Hideto HARASHIMA

by Mark DEBOER -

Thank you very much Harashima-sensei,

I'll work with the others on Monday first thing to redo the poster. I'll make sure that it outlines how that the entire system is set up and run in Moodle and it is a showcase on not just the educational aspect, but also some of the logistics of setting up something like this university wide and how it is used by the students.

I really appreciate you holding off the newsletter to accomodate this.

Cheers,

Mark

In reply to Mark DEBOER

by Eric HAGLEY -

For those attending the Iwate expo and arriving the day before, a few of us will be going for dinner tomorrow night. If you would like to join us, please email Mark at mark (at mark here) iwate-u.ac.jp today so he can get final numbers. Hope to see some of you there.

All the best,
Eric