Besides the open vetting of proposals submitted freely by members, we often request/solicit some presentations each year to fulfill training needs at the conference.
This year we will need a variety of training workshops for teachers. But how about for administrators and engineers? Last year we had very few. This year I am planning to fund our server engineer, Mr. Haruyuki Harada, former Featured Speaker at the MoodleMoot Hakodate to come to the MoodleMoot 2013 in Tokyo. Mr. Harada is also the server engineer of the MAJ Server, and soon to be launched MAJ Hub Server.
He said that he would do any requested presentation or workshop, and asked that we get him those suggestions. If we could make a few proposed titles before Wednesday, Oct 31, the proposal deadline, that would be helpful. He is prepared to present bilingually, though I think most topics should be in Japanese.
Here are some suggestions I have:
- Moodle Server Setup and Maintanance: Beginners Orientation
- Moodle Server Setup and Maintanance: Advanced Techniques
- Managing Student Assistants for Course Setup and Administration
- Massive Testing: How to Manage your Site for up to 1000 Simultaneous Users
- Server Hardware and Software