Moodle Association of Japan Discussion Forum

Moodle open courseware - Listening Skills

Picture of Elton LACLARE
Moodle open courseware - Listening Skills
by Elton LACLARE - Tuesday, 18 March 2014, 9:43 AM

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to make a quick post to let people (especially those who attended MOOT2014) know that I've made a course of listening materials available on the MAJ Hub. You're most welcome to anything you find there, but it's probably worth mentioning that the materials were designed for low proficiency science and engineering students and may not be appropriate in your context. That said, I've included a template which will give you a good start for making your own dictation activities. 

During my presentation at the conference in Okinawa, I mentioned a lot about the Progress Bar Block, which is a very powerful course management tool. (By the way, thanks very much to Justin for making the block available on the Hub). To use the block to its full potential, there are a few things you need to know. The most important of these is setting a pass rate for the activities in Grades. I hope to add a document to my course explaining the process in detail. In the mean time feel free to email me with any questions (eltonlaclare@gmail.com).