- What are the goals of the Moodle Association of Japan?
* To promote the use of Moodle in Japan
* To create a community for Japanese Moodlers to exchange information
* To promote research and development of Moodle
* To disseminate good practices of educating with Moodle and educational materials
* To help support Moodle headquarters financially
* To plan and administer the annual Moodle Moot Japan
- What are the membership fees used for?
The fees are used to fund the development of the core Moodle LMS software, running the annual Moodle Moot Japan, publications, publicity, and other Moodle-promoting activities.
- How can I join the Moodle Association of Japan?
There are three ways to join the Moodle Association of Japan:
* Individual Member
For teachers, researchers and administrators using Moodle in their educational profession. The annual fee is 10,000 yen. This includes free participation in the annual conference.
* Institutional Member
For academic, government, and corporate organizations who are using Moodle and have multiple staff attending the conference. This allows free attendance of seven staff members to the Annual Conference and Training Workshops (Moodle Moot Japan). This contribution promotes interchange of ideas on Moodle in Japan and gives your institution a voice on the Board of Moodle Association of Japan to fund Moodle code improvements. The annual fee is 50,000 yen. As MAJ is not a commercial organization, the members of the board of directors shall be made up of individual users, academic researchers and representatives of user-organizations who are institutional members of MAJ.
Sponsors are not "members" of our association per se, but they are commercial organizations that provide Moodle-related services, educational content publishing, software development, system integration, and other products or services for our members' benefit. Sponsors are important in providing contracted services for universities, companies and other organizations using Moodle. As MAJ begins we would invite Sponsors to join our annual conference and give presentations. For a fee, the Sponsor will be provided with a booth or a table and space to display information about their services at the Annual Conference. In addition, the Sponsor will be listed in the conference program with its name, logo, and description (depending on the levels of sponsorship) .
MoodleMoot Japan Conference Fees:
* Free to Moodle Association of Japan Members (see membership information above)
* 10,000 yen for individuals who are non-members
*Students' fee is 3,000 yen.
Special concession fee of 3,000 yen is available for participants with limited income upon prior request to the conference chair. The concession fee is only applicable to those who payed online prior to the conference; it does NOT apply to the onsite registration.
MAJ's bank account is as follows:
|銀行名(Name of the bank)
|口座の種類(Type of the account)
- Those who have an account at JP Bank:
- can send their fees from ATM at JP for free
- can send their fees from You-cho Direct for free
- Those who don't have an account at JP Bank:
- can send their individual fees from ATM at JP for 80 yen
(* it costs 290 yen when sending their institutional fees)
- can send their fees from the banks other than JP Bank with the following bank account information. Please ask your bank for remittance charge.
|銀行名(Name of the bank)
|預金種目(Type of the account)
* Branch name = Branch number written in Kanji + 店(shop)
Remittance from overseas banks