Showcase Ideas

Showcase Ideas

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 2

Hello all,

I will be presenting a showcase this year for my first time and I was wondering if anyone had any advice/suggestions. While I have been to MoodleMoot in the past, I don't have any memories of showcase presentations I can use to inspire my planning.

This year it looks like those of us presenting in the showcase room will have the entire space to ourselves for 90 minutes, but the format is not intended to be in the usual scripted slideshow style. What sort of thing do people expect from a showcase presentation? I chose showcase to demonstrate my plugin in a more relaxed setting, so I intend to have a PC with example courses loaded up. Aside from that, will people be looking for a slideshow? Or a poster? I assume we will at least have a projector so everyone won't be huddled around my laptop.

Any details about the showcase format or advice to help me prepare is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

In reply to Deleted user

Re: Showcase Ideas

by Eric HAGLEY -

Apologies for the slow reply here Robert. The idea behind showcases was to create a kind of "tech poster" which basically means people (few in number) sitting around a computer talking to the person giving the showcase. It will be a relaxed setting and should be as you mentioned "have a PC with example courses loaded up" and ready to chat about / showcase. However, there will be no projector as you should assume that there will only be about 2 or 3 people sitting at your particular showcase for 5 to 15 minutes before they move on to another one. That is what occurred when I did a showcase previously.

Hope this is OK with you and has answered your questions. If you have others, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Eric

In reply to Eric HAGLEY

Re: Showcase Ideas

by Deleted user -

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your reply. It is good to hear from someone with past experience about what the setting has been like at previous conferences. I now have a clearer image about what to expect as I prepare for my own presentation. At least it sounds like I would not have shown up under-prepared with what I was already planning.

Thanks again!