Ideally, we would appreciate it if people could pay membership/moot participation fees via PayPal. However, as this is not always possible, we also accept payment via bank transfer. This page has the details for bank transfers as well as a question at the bottom of the screen where we ask you let us know how much you paid and whether the payment is a membership fee or moot participation fee. Please make sure that the name on the transfer is the same as your registered name in Moodle so that the transfer can be confirmed quickly.
1. Paying at the Japanese Post Office
- Those with a JP bank account can send their fees for free online using Yūcho Direct.
- Otherwise, it will cost about 80 yen to send the fees from a Japanese Post Office.
- Paying from overseas banks
Remittances in either USD or EUR can be made from overseas banks, via a designated intermediary bank. The information shown below is required to make a remittance from an overseas bank to a Japan Post Bank integrated account or giro account. Please note that if there are any mistakes or omissions, the remittance may not reach our bank. In addition, if the money remitted is returned to the sending bank, other charges and expenses may be deducted by the intermediary bank. Please note that remittances to Japan cannot be made from certain financial institutions. For details, please ask your local bank.
Currency （*1) USD EUR Intermediary Bank （*2） Deutsche Bank Trust Company Americas NY Deutsche Bank AG Frankfurt Intermediary Bank BIC（SWIFT Code） BKTRUS33 DEUTDEFF Beneficiary Bank Japan Post Bank Branch 059 Beneficiary Bank Address 2-6-26 Higashi Ohdohri, Chuoh-ku, Niigata 950-8799, Japan Beneficiary Bank BIC (SWIFT Code) JPPSJPJ1 Beneficiary Bank CHIPS UID （*3) 427593 - Payee Account Number 00550-6-100645 Payee Name MAJ Payee Address 1-5939 Suido-cho, Chuoh-ku, Niigata-shi, Niigata 951-8121, Japan Payee Telephone Number +81-25-266-9358
- The Japan Post Bank exchange rate will be applied for credits made to the payee’s Japan Post Bank account in JPY.
- The information for the intermediary bank must be included. If no specific space is provided for this information, please write it within an open area on the form. Please note that intermediary charges (such as handling charges by correspondent banks) and other fees may be deducted from the remittance amount.
- If remittances in USD are made from financial institutions in USA to a Japan Post Bank account, the CHIPS UID and BIC (SWIFT code) are both required. If remittances are made from overseas to a Japan Post Bank account, the ABA (Fedwire Code) and IBAN are not required.
Transactions made from the following financial institutions are not necessarily transferred via a designated intermediary bank. (“Intermediary Bank” and “Intermediary Bank BIC” are not required.)
- In USD: Republic of Korea (Korea Post)
- In EUR: Israel (Israel Postal Company (Israel Postal Bank)), Austria (BAWAG P.S.K), Spain (Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA)), Slovakia (Postova Banka a.s.), Serbia (Postal Savings Bank of Serbia), Ceskoslovenska Obchodni Banka (CSOB)), Germany (Deutsche Postbank), Belgium (La Poste (De Post)), Poland (Poczta Polska), Romania (Bancpost S.A), Denmark (Sydbank)
3. Please let us know about your payment
Please select one of the options below to let us know the amount paid and how it should be processed: