At last year's Moot we had a round table discussion on the database module and I think a lot of good ideas came out of it. It may be too late to do for the 2015 Moot, but it might be interesting to do something similar for other modules/plugins or a particular problem that Moodle users in Japan are experiencing. One idea that comes to mind is the alternative name feature. There seems to be some issues with it that need to be worked out.
Hi David and everyone,
There is still about one week to go to figure out roundtables and specific development-oriented workshops. Marina Glancy is the HQ keynote speaker and she has her hand in a lot of the developement issues and new developement. These are some points she is ready to work with us on:
As for specific presentations or workshops I can immediately think of the following areas:
- Roles and permissions system in Moodle
- Ways of presenting information inside the course
- Moodle file system, using repositories and shortcuts
- Grading activities and organising them in the gradebook (2.8)
- New module development
- Organising users in cohorts, groups and groupings
- Developing blocks, including blocks for "My home"
- Activities and course completion
... and many others